Are you the outdoor type? Do you like adventure? Does the heat at the beach get you down? Tired of the same old happy-hour routine at the beach? If any of this is true, then you should consider a great alternative life-style loaded with adventure! Cool mountain breezes with sunny clear days and no need for a/c or heat, no crowds, privacy, nature at it finest – the perfect combination! A chance to head out in the backcountry of paradise with your ATV, motorcycle, mountain bike or beautiful Costa Rican horses. Views from the property of 3 volcanoes plus an expansive view down to the Guanacaste plains and over to the Monteverde mountain range.
No HOA fees, low taxes, close to the City of Liberia (30 minutes) and the beautiful mountain town of Guayabo (15 minutes). Only 45 minutes from the Liberia International Airport. This pretty little finca offers a ton of possibilities! Lots of room for several cabins so you can create your own bed and breakfast or mountain lodge. The American- style main 2 bedroom / 1 bathroom home with extra bedroom loft is beautifully constructed of all native Costa Rica hardwoods – teak, nispero, laurel, pochote, Guanacaste, pilón to name a few. Huge garage with bodega and caretaker’s quarters along with numerous other outbuildings. Plus, tilapia ponds and several types of beautiful fruit trees offering a great food source right on the property. This acreage would make a great staging area for back country tours by ATV, motorcycle, horses, mountain biking, even bird watching. The 3.1 acre farm has room for horses or other livestock with cross fencing already in place and a nice little horse barn as well. A recently constructed private on-site well provides clean, clear fresh mountain water complete with a pressure system and filtration system.
Priced at $199,000 USD – well below replacement cost.
- 1,000 sq ft 2 bedroom / 1 bath home with loft (sleeps 6) and covered terrace - all constructed with fine woodwork and stone features
- Stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops, slate flooring
- Internet and cell phone reception
- Satellite TV available
- Video camera surveillance system
- 3.1 acres completely fenced with several more building pads for more buildings
- Spectacular views of the Guanacaste plains and Santa Maria & Miravalles volcanoes
- Landscaped with tropical vegetation and fruit trees throughout
- Includes 3 concrete tilapia ponds and all metal construction horsebarn/bodega and chicken coops to accommodate 300 chickens
- Large 2,000 sq ft secure garage with parking for 3 vehicles, enclosed bodega, caretaker’s quarters, laundry room, outdoor kitchen, stone & concrete driveway
- Fresh cool clear natural mountain water from an on-site well
- 2 water storage tanks – 2,500 liter capacity & 1,500 liter capacity
- Potential for further development – such as a small hotel with cabinas and/or adventure tours
- 500 meters from Rincon de la Vieja National Park boundary with a myriad of nature activities to choose from
- 45 minutes from Liberia International Airport and 1 hour 15 minutes from the Papagayo beaches